Chilean stage gets international grant to develop arts projects
Seven Chilean stage art projects are to receive over €100,000 in financial aid as a result of a meeting between the Consejo
Nacional de la Cultura y las Artes or National Council of Culture and Arts, and the arts fund, Iberescena in Montevideo, Uruguay.
The fund was created in 2006 for “the creation of an integration space for the stage arts,” according to their website. Iberescena is ratified and financed by eleven countries: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Spain, Mexico, Peru, Dominican Republic and Uruguay.
It is directed by the Consejo Intergubernamental Iberescena (CII) or Intergovernmental Council Iberescena with representatives from all the member countries, which normally meet twice a year to choose the projects they will support and by how much. Chile is represented by Lucía de la Maza, the Coordinator of the Theater Section of the Council of Culture.
The selected Chilean projects are as follows:
The first category is aid for networks, festivals and stage spaces for organizing shows:
- Stage Arts Festival “Cielos del Infinito” or “Infinite Skies” in Punta Arenas by Hain Producciones. Total: €12,000.
- International Stage Arts and Interdisciplinary Festival. Sergio Valenzuela is in charge. Total: €17,000.
- Sixth International Theater and Arts Festival with masks from the Professional Theater Company ANTIFAZ. Total: €17,000.
- The second version of the Objects and Puppets Theater Festival “La Rebelión de los Muñecos” or the “Doll Rebellion” by Jaime Lorca. Total: €25,000.
The second category is aid for meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences related to stage art management and production:
- II International Seminar for Audience training 2012 from GAM, the Gabriela Mistral Center. Total: €12,000.
The third category is aid for dance and theater shows that are co-produced within the member countries:
- UMA, from Karim Nikola Bahna Zahr, from the Company Agua Sakra. Total: €15,000.
Finally, there is a category for aid in the creation processes for drama and choreography:
Tripartite milestone with Tanya Durán Poblete in charge. Total: €3,000.
The next meeting opens in January 2012
Latest posts by Anishka Gheewala (see all)
- Chile to sign a revised trade agreement with India - January 27, 2012
- Camila Vallejo begins tour of Europe - January 26, 2012
- 44 kilos of cocaine found in surf boards in Chile’s main airport - January 26, 2012